We thought we had an idea of what and when to expect when dj would have a fit and when.
WRONG.
Last tuesday he had two while waiting to see a gp (for me) knocked it on the head with rivatril. Then sunday rolls around. From 6am til 6pm dj had 6 fits, by 9pm it was 8 we called 000 as the spacing was getting shorter and we'd hit the rivatril limit. Off to hospital. Called my folks they drove from melb up here to watch vic as dh had work monday so i'd be in with dj. The er was busy but not as bad as a city one. Off to the peads ward. Monday the look on our peads face seeing us there was priceless. We now have another drug to give with the keppra. Hopefully allowing dj to be stable. As right now he's not. And its hard. Sunday when dh went with dj I was so angry at life. Why my son needs to suffer. Why he has to be drugged up so...much so often. Its bullshit.
It ticked me off too a friend her son had a prolonged fit and she fully freaked out, which I get. But when I wrote dj was having cluster fits...she didnt give two shits. Nice.,i care about her but clearly im not worth the same.
I see the gp today, about counceling and contiseption too. Hopefully I wont want to snot her like I did the locum. I'll update about that later.

0 comments:
Post a Comment