I sit here blogging as a free woman. One who has the right to free speech, to education to choose my path in life.
I am a product of those before me and apart of those to come. Today, april 25th I remember those who fought and still fight for my freedom and for the freedom of others. I think of them, those who came home; changed from the ravages of war(s). Those whoes families where raveaged by the war(s). For those who did not return. The mothers, fathers, brothers and sisters who did not return or those mothers and fathers who lost sons and daughters. Both physicly and mentily. I remember those who gave their lives fighting those who gave the, saving others. Those who could not return whole.
As a mother, a wife, a sister. I feel it more then I have in years passed. Perhaps its because I have my sons, my dh who could (if the boys where older) be ripped from my arms and sent to fight some one elses war. To have to servive my children would shatter my soul, allowing a pain no mother or father should think of let alone feel in. the men and women who died fighting for us where sisters, daughters brothers and sons. Not just names on a list. Both my grandmothers lived through war. Rashion cards, hand to mouth. They lived it. Yet wr complain we dont have enough?
Today I think of those men and women who fought for us. Gave their lives for us. Gave their minds too for us. I morn their passing, I honer their spirit. I ask they love and guide those fighting for us, for others for freedom. That they give them safe passage, that they not join their ranks.
Lest We Forget.

1 comments:
Well said,and I feel it more today than I ever had now that my youngest has joined the Army.
Post a Comment