Can bloody wait.
Yes I should be doing all things house wifey but meh. House work is never done, its good friday so im going to relax, slightly.
This is the first easter in this new house of ours (its slowly becomming ahome) the fire going dj crawling around like a mad man, vic semi asleep.dh working outside on somethimg undoubtly man-ly. And im here thinking about the easters of my not-that-long-ago child hood. The 4am starts when we went to southern NSW. The pickled onion eating with my nan. Getting there at mid day...a few dayslater the smartie eggs....id eat all mine in one hit and promptly throw it backup. Then as we got older it was philip island we went to. Some ways its like here. Fire going and all. The egg hunt. Not so much vomit from me. Then at some point I became an adult and the easterbunny (along with santa and the tooth farie) became childhood memories. Howd that happen? 11 years ago I was 11...a child. Now im 22 and have my own. Scary.huh?
Life seems to fly past. Too fast. Try to take as many photos of the boys and dh as I can. But never enough. This time last year I had a beautiful bump. Now I have saggy skin and a near-er than i'd like to one son. I know i'll always rememberparts of the boys childhood but not all. I find that sad.
I guess I also realise that there will come an easter and a christmas with out my nanna or gran there...my nanna is 90 my gran 85. Its a scary and sad thought to have, but I guess being away from.family is like that.
The next few days will be full of cleaning.and baking. I have an aunt, uncle and maybe some cousins comming across from the north west, for my cousins other halfs easter doo...yes that is how 'extended' my family can get. More so when I start on family who is only related via marrage! But they may be comming sunday for some 'burnt snags and old bread' which is nice. One thing i'll say is my family will always find time for each other, or find away to pop in...my request is 20mins warning to clean both myself, the boys and the house up.
So with d gone for a few days it should be quiet here. We may see k and maybe d's mum sunday but thats it. Not that I mind..some time with dh beford he finds and starts a job will be nice...it will be lonely with out dh home I admit. But I feel like I can take pride in this home. The only down side is my fil and mil are comming on the 4th for a night. I told di'd be saying hi that night...yes i'm ok with mil and fil but still raw from what happend so distance will be needed.
hopefully a quiet drink with d will happen, win win I guess...
Now I better tackle mount wash dry fold put away more before it eats me.
Happy easter. Be safe.

0 comments:
Post a Comment