Friday, April 15, 2011

Two manly.men

I thought i'd write as I thought about this. The two manly men I seem to now have in my little world. (number) one is dh. The man who i've been with 5 and a bit years have two human babies with two fur babies and a tree change with. A man who is...more city then country at this stage. He likes computery things and well I guess 'cleaner' things. A bloke that I love to the moon and back and cant see myself with out him (naww hear the romance!) We have faught tooth and nail tobe here. I slammed a girl into a wall over it, if I did it again it'd be done harder.

Then we have new commer d.
He's country. No iffs or butts there. He'll shoot anything that moves, drinks good 'ole VB and well lets just say he aint shy in comming forward. He smokes and swears but under it all isn't that rough. He's opened,up to me and all I can do is try and keep it open. He can also chop wood and jump the fence (when sober) and see my white legs through the pine trees; with out skipping a beat hang it on me from the other side. Joy.

Both of thease men are manly. I love dh. I respect (most of the time, lol) d. Today dh started putting a stero in d's ute as thanks for the wood he put in our shead. I could see the manlyness clash. D has issues with people doing things he cant that amounts in anger or today pushyness. Dh can do it but takes his time, but is ruffled easy(er) the more prolonged it is. They managed a solid 7 and a bit hours together. Both glad when 5pm hit. I was too but due to other reasons.

Dh and d I doubt will ever have a fluid (??) Relationship. They are in some ways far too simmlar. Where as I can ebb and flow between them. All though I admit seeing a country boy has had me raiseing an eyebrow - what else can one do when they jump a colourbond fence? But I'd still take dh home with me.

I know it'll sound morbid but the 'what if dh dies' thought has run through my mind. The idea of leaving this house of our dreams seems impossable. Then the idea of me leaving the boys, again heart braking. Not something to dwell on though. Not now. Perhaps not ever.

So my two manly men are just that. D I consider tobe a brother type he hangs shit on me and a fling it right back. I know if I need him for the time being he's there. That if something happens to dj again he's there. Which is a comfort.
But I also know that day in day out dh is here. The warm arms to snuggle into to hold me when I can no longer stand alone. The one who even if I look like a dogs brekfast thats been hit by a truck will still love me (i hope, lol).

So I guess I have two manly men in my life. But only one love. I never thought 5 and a bit years ago i'd be sitting on my front porch, listening to the sheep, frogs, crickets and cows as I am now. I guess I had a life plan but then dj snuck in and changed all that.

Hopefully in the next few months we'll get a puppy. Then i'll have a new female in my life. If its a girl pup her name is already desided on.
'prissy princess everythingimnot' but she'll end up like me no doubt.
...not that I mind....

0 comments:

Post a Comment